Friday, August 13, 2010

Deceiving

Story Of My Life
13 August 2010

So 18 hours ago,
The CF decided to have an unofficial gathering to
see the Perseid Meteor Shower.

It all started when I posted a status about the meteor shower
and then Clarence and Caryn then start spamming a discussion.
Then we all agreed to meet up the FOE building before heading
down to MMU's running track.

At the running track, the security guards chased us off. Meh.
So off we go to Cyberpark. Just outside of MMU.
By the time we are at Cyberpark, it's already 1 am already,
which means we missed 20 stars already. Sads~
(According to the news - Average of 10-20 stars per hour) LOL

We went to the area near the lake.
And yeah, at 1 am, I took this shot.


1 am in the morning, believe it XD

Looks can be deceiving no? LOL
It was almost pitch black there and I got this XD
Taken at 8 seconds exposure at 1000 ISO just so you know.

Then we head on down to some open area.
Clarence lied down and start looking at the skies..
Soon enough he saw one =O

Then I followed him and lied down on the ground too.
Waiting and waiting and waiting...none. :(
I do see alot of airplanes though XD
Soon Alvin saw 1, Chammaine saw one too.

Got up and walked around.
And just as I was staring at one of the brighter stars in the sky..
*Fine white line zuuuupppppppppp pass and fades away in a split second* =O
I SAW ONE!!! YAY!

Went back to the hostel at 3 am and woke up at 8.30 am XD
So that was how my first meteor sighting was like :D
Who needs airplanes in the night sky when there are shooting stars :D

Random moment:
Alvin - Ul-ta-ra-man! XD

["Airplanes"
steph_knightz

No comments: