Sunday, April 13, 2008

PFS 76th Sports Day - The Grandest Stage Of Them All

Story Of My Life
12 April 2008

Today is the day...
Penang Free School's 76th Annual Sports Day..
The day where the best meets the best at the grandest stage of them all.

Reached school at 1.30 pm to get my attendance taken
but it seems that not even half of the people are here yet.
Even the Editor is not here yet.
So I waited for a while near the RC base.

About 10 minutes later..MJ and Scott turned up.
We chit chat for a while while waiting.
While we shit talk...I took some pozer shots of MJ. XD


Cheekos'...meet your master!!


The Don of Cheekos'


All hail the Don!!

At about 1.50 pm..Jonathan Lim reached.
He was with Mr. Yap to get a cam since he didn't bring one.
He got the Konica Minolta (The cam I used on the first day of Sukan Saringan)

Than at 2 pm sharp...the VIPs arrive.
Me and Jon went and got some shots.


VIPs...please show some respect. XD

He wasn't very pleased with that cam since he wants the use the Mr. Yap's D50 so badly.
So I take over the Konica Minolta cam while Jon tries to get permission from Mr. Yap.

Good for him as Mr. Yap approves it.
So off both of went to the march past area to get some shots.
The school band was all geared up and ready for the event while all the sports houses are still getting ready with their flags, mascot and etc.


The Front Line


Gear Up!!


All set...

LET THE MARCH PAST BEGIN!!

The school's band started off with the school song.


Step By Step..Heart To Heart..Left Right Left..


First..meet the Hamiltons

The Orc (Hamilton's Mascot) with the princess. XD




And next...Wu Lien Teh



And their Mascot...A Barbarian. XD


Next was Pinhorn

Al-Qaeda on the left!!! Run for your lives!!


Don't worry...Quah The Zorro is here!! XD


And now, Cheeseman!

Santa Clause is coming to town...


The Reds


And now...Hargreaves





Last but not least..Tunku Putra



TP left their mascot behind..pitiful

And since the mascot was left behind..he decided to take a short cut.
Here's a short video of it. XD





And now all the marches assemble in front of the pavilion for
the vow and the raise of the flag.













After the vow..The VIP inaugurate the PFS 76th Annual Sports Day.
Immediately after that...All the marches and the band make their way back to the tent.


Zorro left after defeating the Al-Qaeda. XD


The Trojan stalking Santa XD




While waiting for the events to start...I got some shots


Mr. Khor making a "Rated U" video. XD


Scouts Daniel, Adrian and juniors picking up the confetti


Mr. Editor

After awhile...me and editor make our way to the sport house's tents to get some shots.
Here they are.














I went into Tunku Putra's tent to get my attendance taken..
While I'm in there...


The guy under the mask. XD


Enter The Dragon


After that..I left the tent and went into other tents to get some shots on whats inside.

At Hargreaves' tent


Look what I found...A treasure map. Yay!! XD


Then I went on to Pinhorn's


Meet Azharul Amir.. the Al-Qaeda Mascot. XD


At Wu Lien Teh's tent...


Spiderman was here. XD

I meet Scott and MJ who were patrolling around the area.
I joined them and make our way back to the RC base.
On our way...


PFS Band Drinks...only 50 cents a cup. Anyone?

When I'm back..the running events were about to start...
I used Mr. Yap's cam (Konica Minolta) to get the shots of the event so there won't be any pictures of it here.
I'll upload the pictures in another post after I get them from Mr. Yap and the Editor.

There were injuries during races like cramps and cuts but
there is this one guy who pushed himself over the limits during a 4 x 800 metres event and he was fatigue and starts throwing out. Pitiful...


The guy I mentioned above.



AND NOW...
THE TUG-OF-WAR FINALS
Hargreaves VS Hamilton

For your info..
Hamilton were the champs for last year..can they retain their title?
LETS SEE...


Hamiltons gearing up


Hiyiak!!


Me and my shadow (while waiting for it to start)

3...2...1...GO!!!
(I hand my cam to Scott since I was using Mr. Yap's)


Arghhhh........


Pulllllllllllllllllll..........

In the end..
Hamilton didn't stand a chance..
Hargreaves dominated both rounds without a sweat.
Hamilton's winning streak has been ended...sad sad..

After the Tug-Of-War event...Me and editor left for the canteen to get some free drinks since
Mr. Faruk (Head Of The School's Canteen) is sponsoring free 100 Plus drinks.


Did I drink that much? I can't remember XD

Back at the field...Jonathan got bored with Mr. Yap's Nikon D50.
So he passed it to me...
Finally I get my hands on the BIG GUNS.


The Dominatrix . XDD

Now..the best event of the day...
PFS Band Performance!!
MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!





While the band is performing...
Ms. Lee Ewe Im (PFS's PK Kokurikulum) dance to the beat.


Coco Lee a.k.a. Ms Lee Ewe Im

After some time...The Drum Major (DM) threw the DM's mace up but he failed to catch it in his first attempt. The mace fell on his head. My gosh...the impact could have killed him.

Lucky hell he was still able to continue.
The show went on...


Hsien Yang (Hsien Ming's Bro) conducting the band




After some music...It's time for the dance. XD
The percussions played while the other danced.







Another half of the dance I took a video of it but unfortunately the video size is almost 150 mb
Damn...an extra 50 mb...so I couldn't upload it. =(
I'll just describe the atmosphere in the video..

After the dance...the band members took their instruments back and continue playing while the DM goes for his second attempt throwing the mace.
HE SUCCEEDED!!

The audience especially Ms. Lee gone crazy when the DM successfully catches the mace.
Everyone shouted and yelled...
Again..the DM succeeded in his third attempt.
"BRAVOOOOOOOOOO!!!!", all the ex band members shouted.
The Band Performance ended with the band playing the school's anthem.

After The Band performance..the leftovers running events went on.
Again..the pictures are with Mr. Yap as I used his D50 to take the shots.

After that everyone get ready for the finale...
The finale is where all the students run all the way to the pavilion from their tent.

The Scouts form the D-Guard to "protect" the VIPs



And now...
Announcement: Dengan penuh semangat kesukanan..semua pelajar dikehendaki belari ke hadapan astaka sekarang!!

Everyone charged towards the school's pavilion.
It was like a battlefield...with all the yells and the flags in the air..














After that was the price giving ceremony....
Hargreaves won the Tug-Of-War,
Cheeseman owns the best marching and best decorated tent,
Pinhorn won the award of earning the most points during Additional Sports (Sukan Tara),
Wu Lien Teh dominated the 76th Annual Sports Day!!

At the end of the day...
The VIP from the Penang Misnistry Of Education announce that on Monday will be a school holiday. Yay!!!
The school band plays the country's, state's and school's anthem.
After the singing...everyone left for their homes.


Every single painful step I took today was worth it. =D
["Roses Are Black...They Were Never Red"]
steph_knightz







No comments: