Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Anxiety

Story Of My Life
21 April 2009

Now that I've done this...
Whats gonna happen next?
Is it gonna be good or is it gonna turn out real bad?
Will it be a beautiful beginning? Or is it just another heart broken tale?

Yes, I've been feeling anxious constantly since Saturday evening.
Thinking and worrying so much that my head almost burst...
Fear chills down the spine, a burning sensation in the heart...
Like the Bible says in Proverbs 12:25 ; An anxious heart weighs a man down.
I hate being like this =/ *Sigh*

Every time when anxiety strikes,
There will always be a construction of this "imaginary bridge" in my head.
What's that!? The worries and fear in my thoughts of course.

As my friends tell me, "Don't cross it until you come to it."
That line helps a lot...And I mean a lot!
There may be no need of crossing that bridge after all!
So why the hell am I tormenting myself worrying on something that might not happen!?

I'm always reminded that a child goes to his/her father
and receive direction and comfort when he/she is facing problems.
Similarly, we can go to our heavenly Father with our problems.
Psalm 55:22 in the Bible said; Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you.

Yes, in persistent prayers, God can give us an inner calm
that protects our mind from being disturbed by unnecessary anxieties.
By God's grace, I'm feeling so much better now. =)

And here is a very interesting verse from the Bible.
A friend of mine shares with me the other day
when we were talking about relationship problems

Proverbs 3: 5-6

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

That verse above,
now is the verse I would remind myself of when things goes wrong.
And indeed it too helped me fight the anxious feeling whenever it strikes.
Thank you loads friend. You know who you are. =]

God bless y'all
and goodnight citizens of the world.

["Sleep Well"]
steph_knightz

No comments: