Saturday, April 11, 2009

Suffering Saviour

Story Of My Life
11th April 2009

Was at church 2 hours ago..
Was there for the Penang Assemblies Easter Conference 2009.

Reached there at 7.40 pm..
Thought I was early, 20 mins more till 8.
I thought wrong!! The hall was already 3/4 occupied.

Stepped inside and saw my fellow SAGH and SNGH church mates.
Bing Hwang, Justin, Felicia, Natalie and Tabitha.
Took a seat next to Bing Hwang and we chit chat.

Justin was playing with Felicia's new phone.
A Sony Ericsson W910i I think.
Bing Hwang saw it and took it for a look.
The first thing he did was touch the screen. *Press press press*
"Eh? No touch screen eh...no shiok lah"
Me and Justin was like "LOL?"

Aunty Fang Fang, Tabs' mum, came up to us
and asked us to move in front to fill up the spaces.
So Me and Bing moved while Justin remains at his place
since he has to wait for his mum.

Saw Stephanie as well...
Not my sister if you're wondering..
Another Stephanie...Stephanie Perera.
She messaged me to say hi. LOL
Could have just looked back and wave. LOL

And so the Gospel meeting starts.
Sang some familiar songs..
Old Rugged Cross and Because He Lives.

After that, the choir sang.
I only know one of the songs they sang,"The Purple Robe".
Sang it during YP 2 or 3 weeks ago.



After the choir sang,
It's time for the main event.
The speaker for the evening is Mr. M.A. Joy from India.


Mr. M.A. Joy

Erm..a short biography on this man..
I got it from the flyer LOL

M.A. Joy is a commended worker and an elder
from a 105 year old Assembly in India
that has planter 9 other assemblies in the last 35 years.
Prior to being called to full-time ministry, Mr Joy served in the Indian Air Force.
With his gift of ministering God's word, he has traveled widely to 41 countries
including M'sia and has taught in several Bible Colleges.

I missed out the first day, which he speak on "Promised Saviour"
Today he is speaking on "Suffering Saviour"

He's damn good I would say.
The way he expressed how Jesus was tortured and crucified..
Man..I can sort of feel the pain as well.

GOD never forsakes anyone on earth...
But only forsakes those who are in hell.

Learned a very important lesson today. *points above*
Mr. Joy really opened my eyes into this.
No matter how bad or wicked you are now..
GOD still accepts you with open arms if you chose to believe in HIM.

The session ended at 9.30 pm.
After that, there were refreshments.
Had some cakes and sandwich.
Chatted with the SAGH and SNGH church mates.
Alan, Bing, Kenneth, Vincent, Justin, Jeff and Tabs. =D

Finally found transport to go for SAGH's Lord's Supper.
Alan agreed to pick me up in the morning. =D

Talked to Tabs and Kenneth.
And just when Tabs asked me how I'm going home...
*Phone rings* Looked at the screen...Mum.
Showed Tabs my phone...there you go...the answer to your question. LOL

Waved goodbye to Tabs and the others.
Kenneth reminded me to bring the DVDs...
Alan reminded me about the free ride tomorrow...
Bumped into Tabs' dad when I was heading out.
Said bye and all and I left the church building.

So that's basically how I spent my Saturday night.
Tomorrow...Long looooooooooooooooong day..
SAGH in the morning, tuition at noon, SNGH in the evening. LOL
Sure KO at the end of the day. Doinks

I'm going off now...
Nights all. God Bless.

"For GOD so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16

["Eternally Saved"]
steph_knightz

No comments: